Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Whoa.

The number of times I have said "I can't believe I live here!" in last 23 days is staggering. This is the kind of place I would have come on vacation. I mean, Bemidji is one of the top 10 lake towns, according to Budget Travel Magazine. Whether I'm sitting in my living room with a cup of coffee, standing lakeside swatting mosquitoes (people call them skeeters. That sounds cutesy and like a term of affection. Oh, hell no. These things are blood sucking monsters), going to the meat market to pick up steaks, or wandering around downtown with Craig, I am simply stunned that I live here. That this isn't vacation. That I am, in fact, home.

This blog will be a place for me to share stories, complain about mosquitoes, the weather (yes, I've heard it gets cold. Yes, I've been here in the winter. Yes, I'm sure it will be a huge adjustment. However, I expect I will still complain about the cold, the same way I complained about the heat. Which was killing me, in Vegas) and all the other adjustments and changes going on in my life.

I hope you stick around.

5 comments: