Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lawns

In Vegas, we had the minimally required amount of grass we could, as required by our homeowner's association, in our front yard.  It was an 8'x6' kidney shaped little patch, trimmed with concrete curbing, then rocks and various desert friendly plants and two trees. In the backyard, we had a patch of grass, for the dog, that was about 20'x15'. We mowed our lawns once a week, with a manual push mower. It took about 10 minutes, total. It took longer to pick up dog poo prior to mowing.

My, my. How things change.

Pardon my finger. 



That is the lower part of our 2.5 acres. That is about, mmm. 1/5 of our yard. 

It took Joey and I a total of 6 man hours on a riding mower with a 54" cutting deck to mow our entire lawn and for me to do some of the close work (under the low trees, close to the house, etc.) with our little old manual push mower.) 


That was 6 days ago, and it needs it again. Well, it must need it again because our neighbor, who has a lawn of similar size, has since mowed his twice. Guys. His lawn? It would put the greens at some of the world's best golf courses to shame. Shame, I tell ya. So you can only imagine how shameful my needing to be mowed lawn is. Gotta go mow!

4 comments:

  1. And I thought I had a big yard! You just put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god you have a riding mower...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the riding mower! You've gotta love all that green after living so long in the land of hot, red rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes--2.5 acres. At least you have a riding mower. Beautiful land!

    ReplyDelete