Friday, August 22, 2014

A Little Vegas Sick

Not homesick, because Bemidji is most definitely home now.

But now, 9 weeks later, there are definitely a few things I'm missing.

I miss Thai food. There is none here.

I miss being able to walk places from our house. Granted, I couldn't walk to many places, but I could walk to the vet's office, to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, to Rachel's Kitchen, a few other restaurants, to Starbucks and Golden Spoon.

Here, I can work to Newby's, which is a little convenience store, and to the Liquor store. Fun. But not same, same. I can't walk to anything else. Now, I know we chose that, choosing to live out in the country, and on a lake, and I wouldn't change that if I could. I love our house and lake. But sometimes, it would be fun to be able to walk a little ways for dinner.

And although Craig and I really didn't eat out often, I miss knowing if I wanted to, I could satisfy absolutely any craving in Las Vegas. French, Italian, Thai, Sushi, Mexican (oh, I miss GOOD Mexican! We have two Mexican restaurants here and both are fair, at best.) Here, I can't do that.

The other day, I found myself at Target. The Target here has the only Starbuck's in town in it, and I got myself a coffee and walked around the Target and pretended, for just a moment, I was in Las Vegas.

And now, that Alex is back in Las Vegas, at school, I miss him.

I can't wait for school to start on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment